7.07.2010

Integrity

I was given this quote in a Sunday lesson at church, and upon further investigation I was quite impressed to learn the meaning behind it, and how it applies to me.

"Integrity and firmness is all I can
promise; these, be the voyage long or
short, never shall forsake me although I 
may be deserted by all men" 
-George Washington

These are the words our former president sent to his comrade, General Henry Knox, just before accepting his position as President of the USA. There is no doubt that Washington was an honest man who was and still is respected by many for his heroic feats in defending this country. His integrity is for sure what made him a man worthy of receiving direct inspiration from God. There is no other way that a small army of very inexperienced men could have defeated the best army in the world at the time.

I'm grateful to live in a free country, where I have the agency to do what I want, and to be supported by my government. I know that there are many countries who struggle with poverty and disease, and do not benefit from the wealth that I have been blessed with.

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day, maybe got to enjoy the day by celebrating with fireworks, or at least spending time with family and enjoying life, liberty, and the opportunity to pursue your own happiness.
Peace!

-SAM 

No comments: