Yesterday, I tried out for my high school's musical- Guys and Dolls. I'm really looking forward to see if I made it, and maybe even get a lead role? Who knows. The song I auditioned with is called "Adelaide's Lament". But I'll post a video of my favorite song from the musical, called "Sue Me". Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando have amazing talent. If only men were as attractive to this day! Mmm.
"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do" ~ Ella Fitzgerald
Words of wisdom from one of my favorite female singers of all time. Words I may need to remind myself of on Monday if I don't make it! But I think I will. :)
Okay Kaycee- this is for you :) And anyone else who even bothers to know more about me.
JANUARY- A detailed description of yourself
- My name is Samantha Grace Stott. My middle name is after my father's father's mother, and my mother's father's mother. (My great-grandmas).
- I go to Westlake High, and I'm a Sophomore.
- May 3rd is the day I will turn 16. And honestly, that day could NOT be any further away. 115 days!
- Music is my passion.
- Bass guitar is my instrument. But I also play piano, percussion, and I can roughly play guitar and the drum set.
- I'm a band geek- and proud of it.
- The majority of my closest friends are older than me. It can be fun and degrading at the same time. :)
- I <3 Facebook.
- Theatre is my fascination. I love to act and sing. Usually at the same time.
- I think I understand the opposite gender more than what most people would consider normal. Boys are complicated because they are simple. The End.
- I hate flies.
- I'm a full fledged morning person. But I pretend I'm not so that people don't expect a lot from me. It's sad but true.
- Laughing is how I release emotion. Even when I'm frustrated, I laugh. It's odd.
- Chapstick makes my lips dry.
- The walls in my room are green- my favorite color.
- My favorite music changes. I love love LOVE rock. Any. Right now I'm into Indie/ Alternative Rock.
- English is my favorite subject.
- Musicians are my home dawgs.
- I'm different.
If you read all of this- Congratulations :) Pat yourself on the back. (I'm serious.)
“Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering." -Winnie the Pooh
I don't even have anything to say about that, except-
Some times, I just need to sit back and relax. Thanks, Pooh :)
So, in case you live under rock, it's a new year- 2011. Yesterday I was reading in my journal, and I read an entry I made last New Year's Day. It had all my "resolutions". The second I began reading it, that bottomless feeling of despair came, as I remembered the goals I had made- and that there were more to make. I think I have the same exact goals for this year, because the ones I made last year never happened.
Good job Sam.
Happy New Year everyone! And yes, my top goal is "lose weight". As is everyone's it seems.