4.30.2011

Shake yo boo-tay

Once upon a time ago, I took dance lessons. From the time I was 4 until I was 11 in fact. I was pretty good. I was usually on the team that was a little more advanced for my age. It made me feel special :) But then, I had to quit.


Nowadays, I realize how much I really do love to dance. I go to ZUMBA with my mom, and even though I have -381001.23001 ounces of Latina in me, I have so much fun.

The other day I went to my high school's dance company's concert. The performing arts department at my school is amazing. The dance team did great, as did the middle school's team. It was just awesome. They have really good taste in music too :>

My jazz band was given the opportunity to play at my ballroom team's end of year dance. Kinda like a ballroom Prom. To me, it was just amazing to watch not only what live music does to people, but the amount of improvisation and skill that people can learn. Through music and movement. The girls looked so beautiful sweeping all over the floor in these amazing formal dresses.

And then, how could I EVER forget church dances. I'm such a psychotic freak at those things, but I don't even care because I have SO much fun being with friends and thrashing my body around in the craziest imaginable positions. There's always the awkward slow dances, but that's what good friends are for :)

Prom. Is next week. The dance of all dances. I will post pictures ASAP :)

-SAM

No comments: